Saturday 11 October 2008

There is no good in the world of cricket

Bloody Kent. A few days after getting excited about Ryan McLaren playing for SA, I find out that Kent won't release him from his bloody contract. Apparently they've built the team around him and as they're now in Division 2 they need him.

McLaren was fairly daft to sign the contract in the first place but Kent are morally and ethically wrong. I don't care about the legal stuff - it's just nonsense frankly when it comes to Kolpaks. The guy has chosen to play for his country and the game's administrators should see that as the main aim of the game. In an ideal workd Kent's committee would remove their red horns and pointy tails, abandon their pitchforks, become human and reverse their decision. However I've probably got a better chance of being selected for SA than Kent releasing McLaren so I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: