Sunday 9 November 2008

Ponting loses the plot

WTF?!? India lose 6 wickets in a session due to Watson and Krejza, Australia are back in the game and the series finally becomes worth watching. The pressure was on India to try and set a decent score, while Australia knew that quick wickets after tea would increase their chances of winning the game and drawing the series.

Then Ponting comes out after tea and decides that over rates are more important than winning the game - White and Hussey bowling after tea so that Ponting could avoid getting a fine and/or suspension was one of the bizzarest things I have seen on a cricket field for a long time. India ended up with a partnership of over 100 between Dhoni and Harbhajan and the game is safe. Once the game was out of reach for Australia, Ponting decides to bring back his wicket takers, who surprisingly enough take wickets and finish off India.

If Australia lose the game and therefore the series, Cricket Australia should ban Ponting for a game just to punish him for being one of the daftest people on the planet.

5 comments:

Damith S. said...

Agreed. Ponting deserves a ban regardless, for just being him

DreamDancer said...

I've been a fan of Ponting's for a long time but this series has shown that he's not sure what to do when things get tough without Warne and McGrath around. Those two cannot be replaced but he doesn't seem to trust any of the bowlers to restrict runs and make break-throughs.

Being suspended for a test against New Zealand vs winning a test and saving a series. I can't believe he even had to think about the right option, let alone chose the wrong one.

Damith S. said...

here is an alternative view on this whole issue.
http://www.theflyslip.net/ricky-ponting-is-sarah-palin-in-disguise/

ps- mind updating the blogroll link to
http://www.theflyslip.net/

cheers mate!

DreamDancer said...

All changed :)

Loved the Ponting is Palin post.

wildkiwi23 said...

Hi there,

Just come across your site when I was searching for other cricket blogs on Google. Your site is one I would definetly consider to having a high standard, I can say I would defiently be reading it from time to time!

I also have a cricket site of my own I would highly recommend you having a look at. It is called "Cricket, the Brilliant Game" and the web address for it is www.whoplayscricket.com. If you are also interested in doing a link exchange with me feel free to email your site's details to my email at whoplayscricket@gmail.com, and when you add my site please use the following details:

Site Name: Cricket, the Brilliant Game!
Web Address: www.whoplayscricket.com
Link name: Cricket, the Brilliant Game!

Also email me when you have added me so I can add your site on mine promptly.

Cheers!

Rob

www.whoplayscricket.com